Shop Safe this Holiday!
It’s that time of year again. Everyone’s shopping for the holidays. People are still continuing to shop online to avoid big crowds and out of stock items. Remember to continue to stay safe this holiday season with a couple of these online shopping tips.
- Be careful of suspicious links. Too good to be true deals and unprompted links on websites are often times bad news. These links can lead you to fake websites and hackers can easily get your information that way.
- Keep your devices up to date. Making sure your computer or tablet has the most up to date software and anti-virus can help to keep your data safe.
- Avoid giving out personal information. Legitimate vendors should not be sending unsolicited emails for personal and extra financial information.
- Don’t connect to public wi-fi. Using unsecure wi-fi can put your financial information at risk. Hackers tend to use public wi-fi to get access to your device.
- Use strong passwords. If you have to sign up for a website to make a purchase, don’t reuse old passwords. Make sure you create a different password for each sight and try not to get lazy with it.
Questions about the best way to shop online this season? Invicta Partners can help share some more tips and tricks. Contact us today to start a conversation. Call us at 423-664-8700 or email us at email@example.com